On October 15th 2008, Phase One has released Capture ONE PRO version 4.
Capture ONE comes in two versions: "normal" and PRO.
The PRO version offers the following additions (compared to Adobe offer):
- tethered shooting with image capture directly into the program - not available in Lightroom/Photoshop;
- multi-monitor support - like Adobe Lightroom v2 does;
- customizabe workspaces - Photoshop here is superior, while Lightroom is flexible but does not really support workspaces;
- CMYK color space (used for professional printing) - that Lightroom does not provide yet, while Photoshop does
- an interesting moire reduction - that neither Lightroom nor Photoshop provide yet natively (yes, you can tweak sharpening but is somehow different)
- the lens correction tool, that is more or less the same as in Photoshop/Adobe Camera Raw and in Lightroom but an interesting additional feature is offered: sharpness falloff correction.
To complete the comparison, Lightroom v2 offers at least a couple of great tools that Capture ONE does not provide: gradient filter and localized corrections.
Capture ONE 4 PRO is offered at 399 $ (299 $ the upgrade from basic v4) or 299 Euros.
The link for Phase One site is here.