Yesterday Phase One has released an update to its popular RAW editing and catalog software Capture One 12.
Here are the main additions and improvements:
- new user interface and menus with a modern design and even more user friendly;
- new luminosity mask for selecting areas that have similar level of luminosity (also called "luma"), especially useful in landscapes;
- two new gradient masks: linear gradient and radial gradient, both can be resized, moved... rotatable and even made asymmetric, a degree of flexibility that current competitor Adobe Lightroom CC 2018 does not provide.
- new shortcut manager for a quicker check and modification of key assignments;
- a very welcome addition; a plugin system! So far there was no chance of adding plugins to Capture One, while Lightroom offers it since years. Now the potential gap is closed, though plugins must be built now!
- Fujifilm film simulation support;
- new cameras and lenses support (among which there are the new full-frame mirrorless Nikon Z6 and Z7 and Canon EOS R).
Official video on new gradients:
and video on luminosity masking:
Price is $229 + VAT for new users or upgrade from $149 (more expensive than before) and a subscription model is also available for $180 per year.
Official page on new release at this PhaseOne page and we have listed the software in our LightPoint Photo Software Database CaptureOne v12.