Collection and usage of personal data
Personal Data are data that can be used, directly or indirectly, to identify and describe a person. LightPoint.info site ("Site" hereafter) collects and manage some personal data through the following ways:
- mandatory and additional data as inserted by the user into the registration module.
- Mandatory data are the minimum set of data used to identify the user registered in the forum and to fight spammers and hackers. Mandatory data include: first name, family name, gender (man, woman, company), email address, country of residence and IP address from which the user is connected for the registration to the site.
- Additional data are not mandatory for the registration but they allow a better knowledge among users of the Site (community) - the user that types additional data expresses his/her will to share those data with other users of the Site. These data include for example: personal interests, owned products, living location, etc. The purpose of these data is to promote personal information sharing among users of this Site.
- To protect each user privacy, some data, both mandatory and additional, are considered private (the exact list is shown in the registration module or accessing own profile "My Profile" - they are marked with a locker): these data are not accessible to other users (except the Site Administration for security reasons) and are not shared with any entity nor company. One of these private data is the email address that, unless on specific approval of the user for other Site purposes like receiving newsletters, may be only used by the services of the Site for important communication about the Site itself.
- The other, non private, data are shown on the Site to promote knowledge among site visitors and members.
- data collected automatically by the Site - on the user connection to the Site, the following data are collected by the Site: IP address of the user device, the time of connection, data on user device (e.g. browser type, screen resolution operating system) and the parts of the site that are being visited. These data are used for security purposes: spam and hacking fighting, identifying multiple registrations by a same user (that is forbidden on the Site).
These personal data are collected and stored for the above mentioned purposes with maximum security possible and with no time limits - unless the user requests the deletion of his/her personal data.
Cookies are short files that are sent and stored on the device of the user (PC, tablet, smartphone) through his/her browser when it connects to a web site and navigates in it. Cookies are used to collect and store user data while connected to provide you some services (login/logout, user-relation services on the site, interactions with social networks), to track user activity in respect of privacy.
When the user accesses the Site, he/she receives the notice of the cookie usage and is asked to agree on it - keeping on with the navigation on the site, the user accepts the usage of cookies in compliance with Article 22 of Law 34/2002 of the Information Society Services and with European Laws.
Cookies can remain on the user device also after the session close and can be deleted at any time by the user browser. Cookies can be related to this Site or to other sites.
The Site uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous statistical information on usage of the site and retrieving the IP address from which the user connects with associated geo-localization, for statistical purposes. Cookies added by Google Analytics are governed by the privacy policies of Google Analytics. The user can disable cookies in its browser.
The Site uses Google AdSense to display commercial ads, that can be personalised by Google.
More information of these services and their privacy implications are available at this link.
Each registered user can modify all his/her registration form data at any time, except for the username that is the key to identify the user itself. Modification is possible through the page "My Profile" - press the button "Modify".
"My Profile" page shows also all personal data that are stored for the specific logged in user except for the password (the latter can be modified at any time by the user).
Each user can ask the deletion of his/her profile and all associated data from the Site; this can be done filling the Contact Form available online on the Site.
This Site is committed to notice 'Data Breach' (violations of personal data), if they ever occur and as soon as they are intercepted or known by the Site administration, to the competent Authorities and to impacted users in the ways that Law prescribes. Nevertheless, this Site employs several ways to reduce these risks:
- access to the database where these data are stored is secured by strong password and protected by a firewall to prevent generic access from Internet.
- No economic data, like credit card numbers, is stored.
- Users password are stored with advanced encryption.
Responsible for Treatment
The management of personal data is performed in compliance with the law, in particular with European Union Directive 2009/136/CE, of Italian article 13 of decreto legislativo of June 30th 2003 n. 196 and of the European Union "General Data Protection Regulation (GPDR)" act.
Personal Data are processed inside the European Union and in particular in Italy.
The manager of personal data is Giuseppe Covino based in Turin, Italy. Each user may ask to be fully removed, with every information associated, from the site at any time through the Contact form in the "Contact us" menu.