Adobe Systems Inc. has announced a new release of the popular consumer imaging application: Photoshop Elements 8.
Most important new features:
- new Photomerge Exposure tool that combines two images with different exposure into a single one.
- Recompose tool:rescaling of image while keeping proportions of what is the main subjects (something seen, more advanced, in Photoshop CS4).
- a one-click Quick Fix adjustment function: color, lighting, contrast variant previews are presented for a quick selection of adjustments.
There are also some features specific only for Windows:
- support for WIndows 7;
- a new Auto Analyzer to automatically group and tag photos and videos;
- an improved People Recognition function;
- auto-synch mode to try to keep synch between photo/video libraries in multiple PCs.
Also Mac users will get dedicated additions:
- a new full-screen preview mode;
- many shortcuts are added.
- a new smart brush to apply effect to a selected area only.
- a Soften Surfaces function to soften surfaces while keeping the edges unblurred;
- an interesting Scene Cleaner function to combine multiple photos deleting objects that changed positions - this is very useful to clean up unwanted people or things moving into the image frame.
The new version will be available before end of the year at around 100 $.
Also Adobe Premiere Elements 8 for video editing has been announced and can be bought in bundle with Photoshop Elemens.