- Lens model coverage: lens models are continuously added to the LightPoint database - if you want to prioritize a specific model, you can ask us it through the Contact Us module directly in the LightPoint site.
- Type of search: you can choose among 3 different search mode clicking on the corresponding button at the start of the form:
- General: it is the free search, with no constraint on the full Lens Database of LightPoint.
- by Mount: it is the search focused on only lens models with a specific camera mount. Additional filters are available once you have selected the mount.
- by Camera: it is the search focused on only lens models directly compatible with a specific camera. Additional filters are available once you have selected the camera. It's one of the most useful type of search.
- Note: in this type of search it's possible to also look for lenses that are mechanically and electronically compatible with the selected camera but that cover only a portion of the sensor: for example if you have selected a full-frame Sony E mount camera, you can search also lenses with Sony E-mount but built for the reduced APS-C format cameras (called "cropped format"), where the equivalent focal length of 1.5 times the nominal one is shown. When this extension is possible, a new filter "also lenses with crop" will appear and, when selected, the search will be extended to these reduced format lenses, that will be shown in the list with a yellow background badge indicating the cropped ratio and in a column the equivalent focal length (35 mm equivalent) that you get with that lenses mounted on that camera. A unique search feature of LightPoint!
Explore our Photography hub with searchable cameras, lenses, software, mounts, reviews..