Adobe has released Lightroom 6.4. Many of the interesting changes are the same that we covered with the detail article on Adobe Camera Raw 9.4 - see here.
Now let's see the changes for Lightroom in details, as new features/improvements and bug fixes.
- Faster update of thumbnails when editing multiple images using sync or copy&paste, also Lightroom now builds 1:1 previews in advance to be ready for fast zooming in.
- The panorama merging process is about twice faster than version 6.3.
Adobe has released its latest version of Camera RAW with a lot of changes: fix, many additional camera/lens support and even a new feature!
Let's see all the details.
Yesterday, January 5th 2016, Nikon has announced two new and amazing DLSR: the middle/high segment D500 and the professional D5.
They are packed with a lot of new technology, really interesting and significantly upgrade previous models, respectively D300s (after six years, I am happy that industry takes time to innovate and not just throw out new models every 6 months just to make your camera seem obsolete) and D4x.
Let's see most interesting points.
DxO Labs has released version 7.2 of DxO Optics Pro software for RAW development. Changes in this version are:
- Support for new cameras (Panasonic Lumix G1, G2, GF3, Canon PowerShot S100);
- enhancements of the crop tool;
- fixing image paths when images are moved;
- "open with" function from third party programs opens a new project
- several bug fixes.
Not long ago (see our article here), Adobe announced a restrictive policy for upgrading Photoshop CSx products. Many ones complained (of course) since that meant to buy every major release to benefit from the usual discounted price.
In a partial response to that, Adobe announced that it will offer "special introductory upgrade pricing on Creative Suite 6 to customers who own CS3 or CS4. This offer will be available from the time CS6 is released until December 31, 2012".
All details about the updated Creative Suite upgrade policy available here.
CS6 is due to be released this year.
Lexar has announced first 1000x Compact Flash cards for professionals since they allow very high bursting shoot rate and HD video recording.
1000x stands for the speed that will be up to 20 MB per second for writing data into the card, while reading speed will be up to 150 MB/s (!) and thus fully compatible with USB 3 data rate.
The card sizes will be 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.
Corel has announced to have acquired (actually the deal was done some months ago) Bibble Labs, popular producer of Bibble Pro, one of the 6 most popular RAW editing software (together with Lightroom/Photoshop, Aperture, Capture One, DxO, RawTherapee).
We can expect that the Bibble Pro product will be rebranded.
Adobe has released Lightroom version 3.6 and corresponding Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) version 6.6 plugin for Photoshop.
The update of Lightroom includes these items:
- 10 new cameras supported;
- many new lens modules;
- several bug fixes like:
- Rapid advancement through the grid can crash the preview processor
- Tethering doesn’t work with the Nikon D3x
- Lightroom does not write to the correct metadata fields after editing capture time
- Lightroom crashes when saving keyword to file
- Certain JPG files are shown as damaged or unsupported after import
- Publish to Hard Disk fails in LR 3.5 for publish collections created in 3.3 or earlier
- Entering a custom aspect ratio in Quick Develop leaves the Crop Ratio menu black
- Copy/Pasted Crop Aspect Ratio lost on edit
- Copy/Pasted/Previous crop loses aspect ratio lock when adjusted in the Develop module
Full details at this link.
Adobe has announced an important change in upgrade qualifications for Creative Suite 6 products: to qualify for CS6 (not yet released) with an upgrade discount, customer will have to own the previous version licence (CS5 or CS5.5).
This would be probably the new upgrade pricing model from now on, or an attempt to force customers to keep updating alive constantly, while so far many ones skipped releases since CS products are not cheap...
Until end of 2011 a discount will be offered to customer of version prior to CS5 in order to qualify for upcoming CS6 as upgrades (and not full price).
Page 6 of 21