News from the photo world focused on amateur/enthusiast and professionals.
Adobe has released version 3.3 of Lightroom.
This updates includes:
- support for 15 new cameras (including compact models);
- a long list of new lenses and some tuning of already supported models;
- a very long list of bug fixes, ranging from performance issues with clone and spot tools and jpeg export, smart collection bug, gallery view little problems and so on. Full list is available at this link.
Phase One has released version 6 of Capture One RAW processing and editing software.
Additions include non destructive local changes tool (similar to Adobe Lightroom), so called "keystone distortion correction" to correct perspective distorsions hard to be corrected since they are not linear (feature currently missing in Lightroom).
Adobe has released Lightroom 3.2, together with Photoshop plugin Camera Raw 6.2.
What's been added:
- support for additional 16 cameras;
- support for a welcomed lot of lenses (Nikon, Canon, Zeiss, Tamron, Pentax, Samsung, Sony and... iPhone) and improvements on already supported lenses;
- new features:
- direct publishing of images to Facebook and SmugMug;
- tethered capture for Leica S2;
- a very long list of bug fixes (performance issues in Loupe view/scrolling/full screen, file renaming, exporting with watermarking with limit file size option and so on).
Canon has announced the EOS 60D in the mid-range segment, after a lot of rumours and expectations. Actually it is not exactly a full upgrade of the 50D, let's see briefly why.
It does offer new and upgraded capabilities like:
- HD movie shooting (taken from higher range model 7D);
- 18 Megapixels versus 15 Mp of 50D;
- ISO range up to 6400 (excluded expanded ones that I consider more commercial than practical features);
Adobe has released final version of Camera Raw 6.1 (raw processing plug-in for Photoshop CS5): it includes the new processing engine (used in the upcoming Lightroom v3) and the important Lens Correction feature that corrects chromatic aberration, distorsion and vignetting using a database of lens profile (user extensibile). Also support for new cameras is introduced (like Olympus E-600).
Page 8 of 32