The Nik Collection of plugins for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom and for Apple Aperture, bought by Google in late 2012, are now offered for free.
The plugins are the following ones:
- Analog Efex Pro: simulation of analog films.
- Color Efex Pro: various color filters.
- Silver Efex Pro: black and white treatments.
- Viveza: colors/contast enhancements.
- HDR Efex Pro: high dynamic range images treatments.
- Sharpener Pro: advanced sharpening.
- Dfine: noise reduction.
Today Adobe has released Lightroom 6.5, news are:
- a new features: when merging multiple photos into a panorama, dust spot removal set to one photo is automatically applied to the other photos;
- boundary warping in panorama merge has been improved;
- additional cameras support - among them the new Nikon D5, Nikon D500, Canon 80D, Canon 1DX Mark II, Sony A6300 (full list is available at this link);
- additional support for many lenses (full list available at this link).
Now the most important fixes:
DJI has announced the new version of its popular camera drone: the Phantom 4.
Flight duration has been increased to 28 minutes, distance to 5 Km and automatic obstacle avoidance and subject tracking have been added, even better opportunities for aerial shots!
Here a promotional video
Sigma has announced an adapter for Sigma lenses to be mounted on Sony E-mount cameras: the MC-11. The good thing is that both the autofocus and stabilization of the lens are supported.
The adapter transmits the EXIF data of the lens.
We will see if it is a good alternative to Metabones adapter.
Full Sigma announcement is available at this link.
Tamron has announced the launch of a console, named TAP-01, to update and configure the firmware of lenses without going to a Customer Service Center. Very cool.
The new console requires just an internet access to download the firmware or the settings that user can customize. Price is unknown so far.
The complete press release is available at the following link.
As leaked in Internet (see our "gossip" news on Tuesday), the successor of Canon DSLR 70D (the first with Dual Pixel AutoFocus sensor) has been announced yesterday: the EOS 80D.
It is not a revolution from 70D but it brings many interesting update and additions. Let's see them all.
Today Sony has introduced a new mirrorless camera as an evolution of the famous A6000: the A6300, with a new 24 megapixel APS-C sensor e new autofocus system (based on the one of A6000 and called "4D"....) with... 425 AF point covering all the frame and compatible with A-mount lenses via an adapter! Sony claims just 5 hundredth of second for focusing in normal conditions!
Here are the other main features:
Adobe has released Lightroom 6.4. Many of the interesting changes are the same that we covered with the detail article on Adobe Camera Raw 9.4 - see here.
Now let's see the changes for Lightroom in details, as new features/improvements and bug fixes.
- Faster update of thumbnails when editing multiple images using sync or copy&paste, also Lightroom now builds 1:1 previews in advance to be ready for fast zooming in.
- The panorama merging process is about twice faster than version 6.3.
Page 4 of 21