News from the photo world focused on amateur/enthusiast and professionals.
The Nik Collection of plugins for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom and for Apple Aperture, bought by Google in late 2012, are now offered for free.
The plugins are the following ones:
- Analog Efex Pro: simulation of analog films.
- Color Efex Pro: various color filters.
- Silver Efex Pro: black and white treatments.
- Viveza: colors/contast enhancements.
- HDR Efex Pro: high dynamic range images treatments.
- Sharpener Pro: advanced sharpening.
- Dfine: noise reduction.
Today Adobe has released Lightroom 6.5, news are:
- a new features: when merging multiple photos into a panorama, dust spot removal set to one photo is automatically applied to the other photos;
- boundary warping in panorama merge has been improved;
- additional cameras support - among them the new Nikon D5, Nikon D500, Canon 80D, Canon 1DX Mark II, Sony A6300 (full list is available at this link);
- additional support for many lenses (full list available at this link).
Now the most important fixes:
DJI has announced the new version of its popular camera drone: the Phantom 4.
Flight duration has been increased to 28 minutes, distance to 5 Km and automatic obstacle avoidance and subject tracking have been added, even better opportunities for aerial shots!
Here a promotional video
Sigma has announced an adapter for Sigma lenses to be mounted on Sony E-mount cameras: the MC-11. The good thing is that both the autofocus and stabilization of the lens are supported.
The adapter transmits the EXIF data of the lens.
We will see if it is a good alternative to Metabones adapter.
Full Sigma announcement is available at this link.
Tamron has announced the launch of a console, named TAP-01, to update and configure the firmware of lenses without going to a Customer Service Center. Very cool.
The new console requires just an internet access to download the firmware or the settings that user can customize. Price is unknown so far.
The complete press release is available at the following link.
As leaked in Internet (see our "gossip" news on Tuesday), the successor of Canon DSLR 70D (the first with Dual Pixel AutoFocus sensor) has been announced yesterday: the EOS 80D.
It is not a revolution from 70D but it brings many interesting update and additions. Let's see them all.
Page 4 of 32